Work-Based Learning Trainee
8918 tesoro dr , suite 500 San Antonio, TX 78217
Work-Based Learning Trainee
First Option Staffing
San Antonio, TX
First Option Staffing exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the First Option Staffing Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? First Option Staffing is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Primary Responsibilities include, but MAY NOT BE limited to:
JOB Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively as a member of the rehabilitation team.
- Works under the supervision of the duty stations management.
- Work is performed under general supervision and/or with a job coach.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate business relationships while participating in the training program.
- Must have good employment lifestyle skills, including soft skills and communication skills.
- Work is performed in support of the mission, goals and values of the respective duty station / work site.
- Accurate time logs / reports
- Trainee must be able to meet the expectations of the community partners, including
- Reporting to work site without reoccurring assistance from the employer/duty station.
- Trainee may be required to conduct repetitive motions on a daily basis, and may be asked to assume additional responsibilities, perform additional duties, and complete special projects as assigned
- Reports to work, consistent with scheduled times for the training program..
Knowledge and Skills Abilities:
Selection of duty station / work site will take into consideration the current knowledge skills and abilities, individualized vocational goal and recommendations of the rehabilitation team. The individualized job description will be provided by the duty station.
Initial Selection Criteria:
This position is a work-based learning training program (inclusive of trial work situations) specifically designed for persons who are blind and or visually impaired. Successful applicants will be active consumers with TWS. Successful applicants will agree to actively participate in core employment related training with the TWS staff. Successful applicants will need to have a recommendation from their TWS counselor.
All successful applicants will need to complete the electronic job application, undergo a criminal background check, drug screening, and complete the on boarding process with the San Antonio Lighthouse. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), The San Antonio lighthouse will make arrangements for reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability
Compensation & Benefits:
First Option Staffing offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
First Option Staffing is an equal opportunity employer which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.