Spot Welding / Machine Operator
San Antonio, TX 78251
Job Title: Spot Welder
San Antonio, TX
FirstOption Staffing exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Staffing Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption Staffing is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Manufacturing company on the Northwest side of San Antonio is looking for Spot Welding / Machine Operators to add to their Team.
Primary Responsibilities include, but MAY NOT BE limited to:
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind and/or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Examine workpieces for defects, and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
SHIFT: 2nd Shift 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
- Manufacturing Experience a plus.
- Steel toe boots required.
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, lift 50 Ibs consistently throughout shift.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.
Compensation & Benefits:
FirstOption Staffing offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
FirstOption Staffing is an equal opportunity employer which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.