Quality Inspector III
8918 tesoro dr , suite 500 San Antonio, TX 78217
Responsible for all aspects of quality inspection of the vendor’s products at their site, using traditional and advanced metrology tools and techniques, including full understanding of CMM use to include basic programming, to insure the products meet company requirements prior to shipment from the vendor to the manufacturing locations. Perform a wide variety of complex inspections in the production process, including routine and non-routine visual, dimensional, mechanical, test and functional set-ups and inspections. Includes production support; data collection and analysis; troubleshooting and root cause analysis; and workplace organization and safety.
Efficient and effective planning and performance of complex mechanical inspection for determination of product acceptability, in accordance with company standards, but at supplier plant.
Review inspection data to assure integrity and investigate/resolve discrepancies found during part inspection with supplier prior to shipment. When required to lead the MRB in resolution of issues, work with supplier (internal and external) and notify plant of resolution
Using the company operating system to generate inquiries, perform movement of material, create job routings and any other function required to perform job duties
Work with supplier to develop, document and implement expedient methods of inspection in order to maintain product flow in accordance with company directives. This includes developing fixtures, gauges and the training of lower level supplier inspectors in their use.
Correct operation and programming of advanced measurement systems from OEM (original equipment manufacturer) written instructions and/or training.
Using corrective action system at supplier, and subsequent follow up process, to resolve deficiencies found during job function.
Correct loading and operating CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine) and other advanced metrology equipment with established programs. This includes verifying and communicating results, and training others as required.
Assume administrative duties in the absence of supervision in order to comply with company directives.
Seek and act upon ways to improve daily work processes to enhance quality and productivity and satisfy customer needs and expectations; look for cost reduction and service improvements; eliminate unnecessary or low priority work; initiate and encourage others to resolve impediments and act on improvement opportunities.
Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Includes proficiency with surface plate layout techniques with traditional measuring devices (e.g., indicators, height gages, calipers, micrometers) of complex prismatic and contoured geometries.
- Drawing and blueprint reading, including proficiency in interpretation and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Entry level understanding of company product to facilitate use of judgment in determining product acceptability in subjective situations.
- Knowledge and experience with use of CMM and vision systems. Use of Zeiss CMM systems and basic programming knowledge a plus.
- Basic MS Word and Excel skills.
Possible sign on Bonuses