8918 tesoro dr , suite 500 San Antonio, TX 78217 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Job Function/Primary Responsibilities:
- Evaluate vendor capability and capacity to produce specific components.
- Establish Inspection Methods, Acceptance Criteria and Sampling plans for newly outsourced components.
- Audit supplier’s Quality Management Systems for compliance to component requirements.
- Audit Vendor’s Facility for compliance to all federal and International Requirements for component production.
- Provide feedback to vendors via scorecard system and act as a resource for continuous improvement.
- Evaluate and disposition components determined to be non-conforming.
- Dimensional verification of incoming inspection results.
- Train Suppliers to effectively execute Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) and Corrective Actions Preventive Actions (CAPA)
- Responsible for driving the Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA) process for all Suppliers.
- Manage other quality staff employees on site.
Education and or Experience:
- Four (4) year BS Engineering Degree (prefer major in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering) or equivalent work experience.
- Seven (7+) Years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have previous experience with Metal Injection Molding (MIM).
- Must have previous experience with plating process such as anodize, black oxide, and PVD.
- Must have previous experience with common heat-treating processes, including FNC.
- Strong working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Working knowledge of SPC software, such as Minitab, QI Macros.
- Detailed oriented with creative problem-solving skills and the ability to get things done.
- Familiarity with Oracle a plus.
- Familiarity of ITAR, ATF, EAR a plus.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to, SPC, DOE and Quality Systems. Working knowledge of SPC software, such as Minitab, QI Macros a plus.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
- Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement Training.
Possible Sign on Bonuses