Quality Control Manager - Seguin TX
San Antonio, TX
*FirstOption Staffing exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Staffing Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption Staffing is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
To administer the Company's Quality Management System in accordance with current ISO requirements, and provide periodic assessments to Senior Leadership regarding the effectiveness of that system. Plans, coordinates, and directs elements of the Quality Management System to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally, or through subordinate supervisors.
Daily Task's & Responsibilities
Reports to President, CEO. Works closely with the organization, and directly with customers to guarantee a clear understanding of customer quality requirements.
Directly supervises quality assurance employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Appraising performance.
- Rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Addressing internal and external complaint’s and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A) from four-year college or university; or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Intimate knowledge of ISO Standards is required.
Experience in developing, implementing, and administrating effective Quality
Management Systems in an IS0 9000 environment.
Knowledge of LEAN techniques and World Class Manufacturing principles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or parts; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Requires knowledge of ISO Quality Management Principles, and Six
- Sigma concepts and theories.
- Requires knowledge of Excel and Word software.
- Requires knowledge of quality analytical methods, and tools.
May be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Develops and analyzes statistical data, and product specifications, to determine present standards, and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Communicates customer needs and expectations throughout the organization.
- Maintains formal, closed-loop Corrective Action system to ensure effective identification of and swift, permanent correction of defective product by overseeing formal Root Cause Analysis, implementation of corrective actions, verification of effectiveness, and reporting of quality levels to senior Management.
- Maintains Key Performance Indicator reporting mechanisms to ensure timely and consistent feedback to Senior Leadership, Employees and Customers regarding performance.
- Chairs periodic Management Review meetings and coordinates all ISO
related documentation and reporting.
Compensation & Benefits:
FirstOption Staffing offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
FirstOption Staffing is an equal opportunity employer which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.