Press Brake Operator
Selma, TX 78154
JOB TITLE:Press Brake Operator
- Operate the Press Brake Machines and support the production team by assembling parts, operating machinery, punching or sawing of metal products as instructed by supervisors. Produce a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings. This position may include all or some of the duties and responsibilities listed below.
- High School Diploma GED is required
- 2+ years of experience operating and programming an Armada or similar press brake machine required; Experience with Amada equipment highly preferred
- Operate the Amada and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
- Select proper punches and dies based on material thickness and type
- Set up tooling, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Prepare product for shipment.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually up to 60 pounds, or by using hoist.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Consistently produce usable product that meets the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings
- Basic knowledge of AutoCad preferred.
- Solid background working with sheet metal.
- Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel and Stainless Steel, Copper and Brass.
- Ability to read a tape measure and caliper.
- Ability to read blueprints and a knowledge of engineered specified tolerances.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 (DOE)