Independent Living Skills Trainer
8918 tesoro dr , suite 500 San Antonio, TX 78217 | Full-Time
Independent Living Skills Trainer
San Antonio, TX
FirstOption Staffing exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Staffing Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption Staffing is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Primary Responsibilities include, but MAY NOT BE limited to:
An ILS Trainer performs case management and is considered an advanced social worker, which aides in training visually impaired seniors. As an ILS Trainer you will be required to go to the home and train the visually impaired seniors to ensure they are able to maintain their independence. Other areas of training and assessment will include household management, personal care, and communication skills.
· Conduct daily home visits to assess if the visually impaired senior needs assistance.
· Provide training to elderly people with visual impairment to assist in maintaining their independence in their homes and community.
· Train seniors in adaptive living skills such as cooking, cleaning, labeling clothes, laundry, labeling groceries, grocery shopping (or learning to utilize store customer service personnel), medication maintenance, dealing with mail and correspondence
· Daily travel throughout the San Antonio area and surrounding counties.
· Assess consumer’s needs as far as Orientation and Mobility, Counseling, and adaptive aids.
· Enter all pertinent demographic information into tracking system, prepare reports and case manage individual progress of each consumer.
· Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in the field of rehabilitation, education, psychology, sociology, or related field.
· Bilingual preferred.
· Experience conducting home visits and working with aging population.
· Must have experience conducting home visits, be able to manage case loads, and schedule individual sessions.
· Drivers License with safe driving record. Reliable transportation – personal car (60% travel required).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to work and communicate with individuals that have a visual impairment and/or disabilities.
· Must be able to demonstrate skills in providing independent living skills training,
· Hands-on experience is preferred for this position.
· Must be able to lift up to 10-15 lbs
· Must be able to report to workstation without assistance.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to conduct repetitive motions on a daily basis.
· Independent Living skills
· Eye Medical knowledge
· Low Vision Services
· Adaptive Low Vision Aids
· Self-esteem and adjusting to blindness
Compensation & Benefits:
First Option Staffing offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
FirstOption Staffing is an equal opportunity employer which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour